Ireland: Review of the Nursing Homes Support Scheme
In a Press Release Monday 20th July 2015, the Dept. of Health , Ireland gave results of a Review they carried out in collaboration with the HSE with input from Deloitte and Touche as external consultants.
Based upon the experience of operating the Scheme over the last five years and the findings of the Review, it has been possible to identify a number of administrative improvements.
Specific recommendations are:
- standardise or centralise certain administrative processes;
- develop the use of information technology and web-based systems;
- enhance application materials and make these easier to understand;
- improve procedures used in the validation of financial information submitted by applicants and in the recovery of deferred contributions and
- develop new approaches to setting nursing home prices to ensure that value, adequate capacity, and transparency are achieved.
The Government has decided to establish a Working Group composed of representatives of a number of Departments, the HSE and the National Treatment Purchase Fund,where relevant, to oversee implementation of these recommendations.
The review is available on the Department’s website here.