Proposals for EU guidelines on the prudent use of antimicrobials in human medicine
Public consultation opens
In the context of ongoing work against rising threats from antimicrobial resistance and given the role of antimicrobial misuse and overuse in the emergence and spread of such resistance, the EC requested ECDC to develop draft EU guidelines on prudent use of antimicrobials in human medicine.
- prudent and appropriate use of antimicrobial agents in human medical practice in the EU, including
- good clinical practice and resources, as well as
- systems and processes that different authorities and actors should consider in the development and implementation of strategies for EU health systems to support and promote the prudent use of antimicrobials.
How to submit contributions
Comments should be submitted using this form* and sent to ARHAI@ecdc.europa.eu
Note comments received must clearly state:
- the identity of the contributor (i.e. country, name and surname, and affiliation in the case of contributions from individuals; or name of organisation in the case of contributions on behalf of an organisation).
- Contributors are kindly asked to mention the respective line and page numbers of the document to which their comment(s) refer.Please read the guidelines for submission of contributions and kindly note that only those following the ECDC guidelines will be considered.For more information on the processing of your personal data in the context of this consultation, read the specific privacy statement.Deadline: Monday 5 September 2016Read report and submit comments
Public consultation: Proposals for draft EU guidelines on the prudent use of antimicrobials in human medicine