Mental Health & Active Ageing
Ensuring opportunities and participation in society at all ages
Tuesday 7th February 2017, 14:00-16:00, European Parliament, Room A5E-3.
Hosted by Deirdre Clune, MEP (Ireland, EPP)
Mental Health Europe is pleased to invite you to its event in the European Parliament on mental health and active ageing. Join us for interesting discussions on the lifespan approach to mental health and the importance of active ageing to ensure positive mental health at all ages.
Speakers will include:
Deirdre Clune, Member of the European Parliament (EPP)
Helen McEntee, Irish Minister of State for Mental Health and Older People
Nigel Henderson, President, Mental Health Europe
Johan Ten Geuzendam, European Commission
Professor Alan Walker, Mopact Project Coordinator
* Others to be confirmed
Discussions will address:
- The European dimension of active ageing and why it matters to mental health
- The direct link between mental health and active ageing
- Best practices in promoting active ageing and positive mental health
- The lifespan approach to mental health
- Existing policy frameworks in Europe
Click the links below for the agenda and registration.
Places are limited so please register by 23rd January. We hope to see you there!
The MHE Secretariat